Four Days Four Whiskies
The return of two cult whiskies, commemorating BenRiach’s 120th anniversary and The GlenDronach’s very first global travel retail whisky deserves a BIG announcement. Inviting journalists and whisky influencers from around the globe, we helped re-awaken these whisky giants from their slumbers and introduced two brand new expressions over an action-packed 48 hours repeated again for the drinks trade.
What we did
Guests from France, Germany, Norway, USA, Australia and South Africa descended on The GlenDronach and BenRiach to go behind the scenes of these distilleries.
The GlenDronach day:
- Distillery tour then hike up the Forgue valley to taste The GlenDronach very first expression for global travel retail.
- Cocktail workshop using Forgue whisky with acclaimed bartender and drinks entrepreneur Mike Aikman from Bramble
- Chocolate truffle and whisky pairing with the Highland Chocolatier who created a range of truffles infused with The GlenDronach's core range.
- Sherry masterclass with Master Blender Doctor Rachel Barrie in dunnage warehouse 2
- The GlenDronach 15 returned under the moonlight to the sounds of a saxophone in front of the saxophone stills.
- Overnight in the home of James Allardice who founded The GlenDronach in 1826
- Arrive in Speyside by canoe along the iconic river Spey
- Lunch in the BenRiach malting barn with distillery workers past and present commemorating the distilleries 120th anniversary with a limited edition expression released.
- Unveiled the BenRiach 12 Sherry Wood for the first time in Warehouse 13 surrounded by the distilleries eclectic casks with immersive tasting.
- Dinner and overnight in world leading whisky hotel The Craigellachie
Throughout the media trip we created photo and video content shared in real-time with media guests for them to share across their social and media platforms.
Overall the media trip and sample campaign generated coverage reaching a potential audience of 6.5m, over 5K social shares for the four expressions and helped reinstate The GlenDronach Revival and BenRiach 12 Sherry Wood back in the mind of the consumer with record sales for The GlenDronach Revival Aged 15 Years.