Vacancy: PR Intern
3rd April 2018
Title – PR Intern
Hours – Full or Part Time
Salary – Living wage
Speciality – PR & Marketing
Base – Spey HQ, Aberlour-on-Spey
Spey is a fast-growing creative communications agency based in the heart of malt whisky country, working with food, drink and lifestyle brands.
We are looking for a Public Relations intern with a nose for news, is a strong communicator and has excellent writing skills.
- Responding to phone calls and emails from clients, media and suppliers
- Monitoring media coverage
- Event management from product to media launches
- Preparing content for social media, blogs and websites
- Media databases
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
Key Experience & Skills –
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English.
- Copywriting skills: You need to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Excellent telephone manner: You will spend a lot of your time pitching stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to them and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone.
- Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
This is an opportunity for someone eager to gain valuable experience in an exciting new agency producing award-winning work alongside a fun and energetic team. To apply, or for more information, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org