We're Hiring: Gaelic PR Graduate
SPEY is on the look out for a fluent Gaelic speaking PR graduate. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Scotland’s first Gaelic language public relations service.
Gaelic media, like all other media, is undergoing significant change. This is both a challenge and an opportunity for the right person to roll up their sleeves and help the language have a sustainable future in Scotland at the best small PR agency in the UK.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Ensure communications materials for SPEY and clients are bi-lingual
- Develop media materials (news releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts)
- Develop targeted media lists and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers, etc.
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Help develop the Gaelic language branch of SPEY
- Championing the agency values and brand
- Helping the agency with other tasks when needed
What you will need:
- Love of news and media
- Effective written verbal communication skills in both English and Gaelic
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Experience pitching to media and securing stories
- Ability to work on own initiative and juggle a multitude of tasks
- Passionate about promoting the Gaelic language in Scotland
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Excellent IT skills (we only use macs)
- Full clean driving licence
- To be eligible candidates must either be college or university graduates who have graduated in the last four years and must hold a minimum of an HNC.
Full time, 35 hours per week.
This is a year long post and is part funded by HIE.
Up to £21,000 per annum depending on experience
- 35 days holiday + birthday off
- Training and industry subscriptions (Campaign, Drum, Marketing Society etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family friendly office
- Dog friendly office
- Monthly team lunch and learn sessions
- Away days (think kayaking down the Spey and distillery visits)
- Company pension scheme
This post requires a strong level of proficiency in the language. Support will be given to all candidates who wish to further develop their engagement with Gaelic
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're Hiring - Office Manager
SPEY is on the look out for an experienced office manager with a positive can-do attitude. You’ll need better organisational skills than Marie Kondo and love using Excel as much as Bill Gates. This is a temporary maternity leave position, for an initial period of 6 months.