Account Manager, Corporate PR
Are you looking for your next big challenge? Can you find the creative opportunity in anything? Then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone with a few years of PR experience to join our corporate PR team, with bonus points if you’ve worked on b2b campaigns, internal comms and/or sustainability clients.
Three-times winners of the Team Culture and Community award from PRCA Scotland, we’re a team of storytellers and content creators on the lookout for an ambitious storyteller looking to make the next step in their career. We offer flexible working, a 4.5 day week, industry leading benefits and the role can be based in either our Forres HQ or Leith office.
In the role you will be committed to making a positive contribution to SPEY, to the growth and development of the team and the happiness of clients. Securing high impact coverage, keeping the account teams ticking over, being the glue of campaign execution and providing feedback to the management team about team performance are all part of the day-to-day.
- Create and implement multi-layered internal and external communications plans for clients, aligned to clients’ strategy to drive a compelling and cohesive brand message
- Generating ideas and tactics for plans and campaigns
- Identify interesting angles, newsworthy topics and trending themes which generate coverage and editorial content across media publications, online and offline
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts
- Keeping up to date on media, trends and newsjacking
- A keen interest in news, current affairs and trending topics
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests, and build relationships with journalists and influencers
- Management and approval of all administrative aspects of the account, demonstrating a keen eye for detail and being accountable for quality of service
- Managing a portfolio of clients, allocating time accordingly and managing competing priorities.
- Implementing rigorous account processes and meeting all client deadlines
- Leading on client positive, proactive relationships, acting as the primary point of contact
- Responsible for client presentations covering the success of projects and campaigns and ongoing activity
- Monitor, analyse and communicate campaign results
- Mentoring junior members of staff
- Help grow existing and win new business
- Minimum three years communications experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience digesting insights, building learnings and creating reports
- Excellent people skills, especially in building relationships with clients
- A passion for the media
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- Discretion and sensitive to commercially confidential information.
- Industry knowledge and contacts is beneficial
- Based in Leith or Forres
- 4.5 day week, with a lunchtime finish on Friday
- 35 days holiday plus your birthday off a year
- Company pension
- 3 days a year to volunteer your skills to charitable cause of your choice
- Healthcare cash plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Training and industry subscriptions
- Electric company pool car
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Weekly team lunch and learn sessions
- Away days and team socials
Spey is committed to ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion in our work and our workforce, welcoming applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. To apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruitment agencies please.
SPEY's Founder Appointed to the PRCA's Management Board
SPEY's founding partner has been selected to join the Interim Management Board of PRCA, which has been recently established to oversee the organisation's transition towards a more effective management and governance system.
How to write for SEO
When we write copy for digital, we need to keep SEO in mind. This ensures content appears earlier in search results, increases visibility and drives traffic. Ultimately leading to: (1) Greater brand awareness, (2) Engagement opportunities and (3) Customer acquisition potential. Take a moment to digest our simple guide on how to write for SEO.